Charging Club Processing through debit

I’m sure everyone has customers that would rather pay for their wine club shipments in alternative ways (other than credit card on file). I have one customer that prefers e-transfer, I have another that prefers debit … I wish we could chose other payment options through club processing instead of building an order through the admin panel for the exact same order.

does anyone have any other work around … can this be put into the next feature request round for Club Processing?

1 Like

I have one who insists on paying with a check, and we ship six times a year. Of course she knew the owner when he was knee high to a grasshopper, so she reminds me of that when I told her she can’t do that. I do support more options for manually editing individual orders in club processing.

Maybe you just leave a dummy card the customer’s membership knowing that it won’t process? It will at least create a failed order that you can go in and edit->process instead of starting from scratch.

I’ve often requested adding a check box in the Contact Manage Club record to “Skip this member when adding to club package” function. When you add to the package the member would be automatically set to Skip so that you have the chance to go in and handle any special needs they have. (The action of adding just sets the Skip, you can then Unskip any time when you are ready.)

In your case, you would check this box for any members that have alternate payment requests.

Other uses include skipping members that require the package arrive on a particular day so that you can schedule the order; a member that “never wants Zinfandel”; and so on.

If you agree, please make this feature request.

I totally agree. Request made.

1 Like

Is the only way to set up a customer to skip a shipment by first setting up the shipment, adding all the members then choosing skip for the customer within the list? I cant find anything on the skip feature.

That is the only way, please make the feature request. I would save a TON of outside record keeping.

(You can put them on a temp hold, but then they don’t identify as a member for the duration of the hold. sigh.)

Thank you for the response. I will make the request. Do you ever use the hold feature for this request as it has the start and end dates?

I really dislike using hold because when we look up the customer in the POS they don’t get identified as members. This isn’t acceptable so I try to avoid it for anything except real holds.