Club Blob credit card confusion

First off - I :heart: :heart: :heart: that we can send //ClubBlob// to members pre-processing. More about that later.

In the blob, you have this:

Payment Method

Credit Card Type: Visa
Card Number: ************1234
Name On Card:

People are confused/concerned about the blank Name, and I’m not really sure how to explain that the updater wipes it out.

Maybe you could just quietly drop this line from the Blob? And maybe while you are in there add the Customer # ? :wink:

Thanks!

Some drawbacks to this, but you could just do:

//CreditCardInfo//

But I want the whole //ClubBlob//

I really think it is time to break out of the “blob” model and just make the elements available for use.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that but I suspect it wouldn’t solve my issue here, unless they really broke it down piecemeal:

//CreditCardType//
//CreditCardLast4//

and so on…

2 Likes

That is what I would want and I would want those fields available outside the club processing area so I can easily send to different groups. I have said this in another request, but would like to see us move all emailing to one place and get away from emailing sometimes in the club area, sometimes in the action menu area, sometimes in the list builder area, etc.

bueller??

@MarkCrapeau @EdFarmCollective I decided to try doing it piecemeal with available tags, and it IS possible to reasonably customize a ClubBlob within club processing. The only things you can’t show are the birthdate and shipping phone/email (which are irrelevant anyway).

I didn’t realize that //CreditCardInfo// only posts the type and the last four. No name, but also no expiry. //ClubBlob// also has no expiry, however.

@Karson one thing I noticed when trying this is that the //Phone// tag does not format the phone number, it just spits out the numbers, like 20998765432. Could we get that tweaked at least?

Vin65 has been anti-birthday since its inception. They are also anti-puppy.

1 Like

I’ve added the //phone// bug to the board to review, that blows.

1 Like

How’s that fix coming? :wink: