Club Member Importing

Does anyone know if the “Club Member Import” overwrites data in a customer record? I am thinking it will overwrite the data, but wanted to double check. I know the “Customer Import” has the option to overwrite data or not overwrite data.

I have our previous Club Members as a contact type, but want to put them into a club so that they show up as Club Members on the vin65 POS, These members don’t have to take shipments, so I don’t have credit cards for them.

I know I can put a fake credit card number in for them, but I don’t want to overwrite those members that have saved their credit card number.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey, @lindsey The Club Member Importer requires a credit card. If you use a “dummy” credit card, that card will be visible in the customer’s account. If you import the members as “Loyalty Club” (or whatever you’d like to call it), it will not overwrite any other club that the person is a member of. If you were to import the same exact file again, it would not create another membership; it would update the first membership.

Just remember: Test everything and import in small quantities.

1 Like