System sent order confirmation emails to numerous members who hadn't ordered anything

Apparently on August 3, about 30 of our club members got the order confirmation email from VIn 65 and none of them had ordered anything. It appears these went out one at a time. Vin 65 couldn’t find a reason for this. Has anyone experienced this?

I vaguely remember something like that a few years ago. Some email queue got constipated and then a reboot a while later unstuck the emails.

We had a club member cancel their membership on August 8th. Then on August 9th they received a club signup email as though they had just joined the club. He definitely did not join the club on August 9th. His membership is still cancelled and I’m still scratching my head about this one.

Yes, we had something similar a few months ago. I don’t remember the details, though.

Hi Sarah! In this case, we found a mass completion of orders that caused the order confirmation email (system email) to be sent out to a variety of members. I have been in touch with Kristin and updated our ticket with more detailed information. I apologize for the sudden surge of information and the inconvenience that this has caused. Please respond to our ticket and I will be sure to see this through. Thank you much.