Club membership without credit card

What methods are other wineries using for entering members without a credit card?

I’m building a club/reward program based entirely around onsite purchases, so having a card on file is not necessary.

If you aren’t going to use club processing, you may find it simpler to use a Contact Type to distinguish your program members.

For putting people in a club without having a credit card, I use a test number like 4111 1111 1111 1111.

1 Like

I though of contact types initially. Unfortunately I need definitive start and end dates for enrollment in the program, like the kind that can be set on a club membership.

Does the credit card updater ignore the test numbers? I can see that being a problem if your members are getting emails about their card on file that doesn’t exist

That would be a support question.

I am pretty certain that members do not receive emails about the fake cards. When the updater runs it puts a note in member accounts, and for the dummy cards it just says something like “Card updater service has checked the MasterCard card number ************5454, no update messages were received.”

I like to use the number 2222 2222 2222 1234, since a credit card is a customer/club member facing thing, it looks a bit more obviously fake and hopefully our members don’t think cards are appearing that they don’t recognize.

I agree about a club not being totally necessary, if it would help you could use a contact type and set up a carrot to highlight those members at the POS. Not that I really know what you are looking for.

I would really like to see the ability to set a carrot by contact type visible on the POS – or the ability to flag/note all contacts in a type. This would really aid retail staff communication with customers.

2 Likes

I like it, probably 101 uses when you start to think about it. A check box called “Show Type as Flag”. The rest is just programming. :wink: