Club pickup from more than one location

I thought that we could do this, but not sure now.

If I have a wine club that the member can choose from two locations to pick up it up at, them I want the software to:

1. Report the invoice to the right POS.

2. And reduce the inventory from that inventory location as well.

Now I am told that #1 works, but that #2 doesn’t work.

So I will have to create a club for each pickup location?

Blessings,
Betty

Inventory depletes at the moment of sale. You could also deplete from one pool - say “Wine In Bond”. Then you distribute the sold wine - which is no longer in any pool - to the two locations.

Or you could create a “fake” pool called “Wine Club Wines”. Run all your orders from that pool. Then run a sales report to get a count of each wine to pull from inventory at each location, and then transfer it in Vin65 using Inventory Upload.

There are probably yet more and better ways to deal with it, but maybe this will spark an idea for your situation.

Can you run a club with a zero inventory for a wine, and end up with a negative number in inventory? Or will it not let you do that?

Then you would know how many bottles you need to transfer.

We do have a spreadsheet for wine club planning which would give us the exact number of bottles that are needed.

I guess I could even create two inventory pools at each location to make sure that club wines are sold out…

I’m pretty sure you can go negative. Set up a test club and try it.

Hmmm, after we did a test club, it appears that it really messes up the software to put a wine into a club shipment process that does not show enough inventory.

I think that we will try to set up a Wine Club inventory for each of our pickup locations. And move over “inventory” before each shipment is run.

We have a monthly wine club as well as a traditional semi-annual club, so that requires us to think through several scenarios.

Thank you for your help.

Hey Betty -
We’ve struggled with this quite a bit as well. It seems like it would be easy enough to have inventory depletions correspond with the pick up location, but it doesn’t work that way.
To account for the inventory, we’ve created an inventory count system that takes it out of Vin65, which I know won’t work for everyone. However, I will say that there is a lot of flexibility in the Sales Detail reports. We created a couple that show orders not picked up or not shipped and can filter those by location to let us know how much inventory needs to go where. Meaning - you could do your main Club processing pull from one inventory pool (like a warehouse where it is actually located), filter by pick up location, and then transfer that much in Vin65 to the correct inventory pool (your tasting rooms).
It’s not a perfect system, but we’ve done several releases with tight margins of available inventory, and it’s worked out so far.
Best of luck! It’s frustrating for sure. I can’t imagine doing it monthly :slight_smile:

Just a caution - thinking this way can make things seem more difficult. Once you process the orders the bottles are no longer in any inventory pool; they now belong to the customers. There is no “deplete on pickup”, so if you create such TR pools for the processed club orders, it’s pretty much only a repository for numbers. We use a spreadsheet to reconcile the pickup stock…

Ah true.
Like I said, we’ve externalized the actual inventory process. We just use those outstanding pick ups to show us what is allocated of the physical inventory we have on hand. Generally, we have about 80 cases picked up in Club allocations out of a location that can only hold 20 cases at a time so it’s a juggling act for sure!

1 Like