Contents of product bundle

(bump)

Let’s say you have a product bundle that is made up of, say, 4 different SKUs. Let’s call our bundle Fred.

A customer - let’s call her Jo - goes online and purchases a Fred for pickup at the winery.

Jo arrives at the winery and the TR person - call her Pat - looks up the customer in the POS. Sure enough, there is Jo’s order of one Fred.

How does Pat know what 4 SKUs to give to Jo?

The order display in the POS only shows the description and the SKU. It does not show the components.

I’ve tried several ways to solve this and none of them are particularly good. The best I have come up with is to either overload the description or concatenate the SKUs to make up the bundle SKU.

How have you solved it?

I solved that by packing all pickups with a packing slip printed from the admin panel. The packing slip breaks down the individual skus in bundles.

In my case that would be a LOT of packing slips. I appreciate the suggestion but I’d really like to stay paperless if possible.

If you have that many pickups being fulfilled, you might want to think about fulfilling them ahead of time? I don’t know your specifics, but even in a paperless office (we’re mostly there) packing slips are absolutely required for shipments and pre-fulfilled pickups IMO.

Either way, I’m also interested to see if this is possible!

1 Like

Yeah, it may come to that. What I’m really talking about here is that I do a fixed price bundle for each wine club. We have 7 flavors of wine club, and we do this 4 times a year. With people not picking up their clubs as promptly as we might like* we could have a whole lot of different pre-packed bundles laying around, and we don’t really have the room for that. (We do of course pre pack the current bunch.)

The POS does a fine job of processing pickups and having people sign for their orders. I just wish it would display the same information it displays in the Admin panel.

Maybe what I should do is, one month after the wave of current club pickups subsides, I print packing skips for the remainder… thanks for the thoughts.

* No, I don’t ship tardy pickups.

That’s exactly what I do. When the new club selections come around, I name and pack everything from past shipments, and start heavily notifying the customers.

When we fulfil the pickups, we do them in batches, and stick a sticker on each box that says something like “September 2016 Reds-only” etc. This helps the staff know which box to give to the customer.

hope this helps!

I’m beginning to lean towards something like this, actually - thanks!