Deleting Old Clubs

Hello, Hive Mind! I recently migrated all our existing club members over to User Choice (and am loving it!) and want to delete the old clubs that no longer have members associated with them. How do I do this? I ran one shipment through the old clubs, so does that preclude me from deleting them? As it stands right now, members can see on the front end a cancelled club (the old one) and the active club (new user choice club). I’d like this to look clean on their side. Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Clubs that have processed are un-deletable. I would have advised you to rename and reconfigure the existing ones…

I do have some inactive clubs and they don’t show up on the front end. I think that’s just a page content issue? (Of course, my website is old :wink: )

That’s a bummer that they are un-deletable. We were consolidating many, many clubs, into just 3 or 4, so reconfiguring and renaming wasn’t an option. I de-activated all these old clubs, but they still show up on the front end. Any thoughts how to make them invisible? Thanks for your help!

Well, to ask the obvious… do you have both Active and Display on Web unchecked?

I wish it were that easy! Yes, both Active and Display on Web are unchecked.

Then I don’t know. My club stuff is just a regular content page with links to each club sign up. You should be able to do that?

To add… it’s been ages since I got on to -Vin65- er WD, but I seem to recall the club page was canned and it auto populated with your clubs and I disliked it. I made my own page as a regular content page and never looked back… each of you clubs has its own URL and you should also be able to do this.

I don’t know if you have too many club members to make this a plausible solution, but you can delete a membership from an individual contact’s account (The delete button should be present at the bottom of the admin panel if you open up their club). It would be a pain for a large club, but if you’ve got less than 150 folks might not be too daunting a project.

That way, the customer won’t see their ‘cancelled’ club on login, but only the current active club you haven’t deleted from their account.

Lacey, you’re right! I was reluctant to delete the old memberships at first, out of fear something would go terribly wrong on our first run with the User Choice clubs. But now that the dust has settled, we can definitely do that. We do have 1200+ members, so it will be a pain, but at least it will look cleaner on the front end. I appreciate the reminder!