Easyship Customer View is broken!

The customer view of Easy Ship tracking is broken for us. I’ve been deluged with calls from customers thinking their shipments are delivered, when they are still in transit.

I’ve put in a ticket with support, but I haven’t heard anything back. Maybe some peer pressure will get this fixed. Anyone else seeing this?

Hey, a year later, nothing has changed here. Is there something wrong on my site, or is this just completely bad design?

1 Like

I’d really like to know if this is just a CSS problem on our end, or if other people’s view looks like this.

Would anyone like to take a look at their easyview page and let me know?

Here’s my quarterly reminder that this web page is broken, and customers are constantly confused by it.

Does anyone else even use easyship?

1 Like

Hi @rmcguire

To confirm, is the issue with the Shipping Icons not being highlighted? In your example, the shipment is In Transit, so we would expect In Transit to be bolded. Is this where we should be troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Yes, the issue is that there is no difference between the icons, so customers are assuming the package has been delivered, regardless of the status, since there’s a big green delivered check mark on the screen.

Expected behavior would be that the icons that are not relevant would be faded, or hidden, or that the grey bar would turn green at each stage of the package status.

@rmcguire is right about this - the icons are misleading:
So I am a customer and I am supposed to see a list of possible delivery statuses, see that there is an icon that is shown twice, deduce that I am supposed to match that up to one of the statuses, and conclude based on the picture above that my wine is “in transit”?

Also, my wine is being delivered today, what’s the difference between “in transit” and “out for delivery” if I’m being told it’s being delivered today?

I know that the expected delivery date is pretty prominent, but the icons are contradicting that.

I think that it would be better to either A) Not list the “Delivered” status at all if it has not been delivered, or B) Grey out the statuses that the package has not progressed to yet.

1 Like

I too noticed that this web page was confusing (and frustrating​:exclamation:) my customers for awhile. What I found worked best is ditching the link altogether (ie: deleting it from the email it’s sent in) - Our shipper makes sure to always have FedEx/UPS send tracking information the day orders ship, so either way the customer is still receiving their tracking information. I know it’s not a true fix, but I hope this info helps :revolving_hearts:

This was actually my first thought!

If Wine Direct had an auto populated tag that populated only the tracking number, this problem would be moot! I’d just link directly to UPS.com and we’d be golden.

Dear Santa,
I would like an auto-populated UPS/FedEx.com link in my System emails this year for Christmas.
K. Thanks.
-Katie

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’ve logged a bug with the development team to address this. I want to clarify on what’s being reported. The bug report is regarding the Shipment Progress Bar and the Shipment Status Icon above the Shipment Progress Bar.

The Shipment Progress Bar should bold the Shipping Status the shipment is currently on. In your example, the shipment is “Out for Delivery”, so the Out for Delivery text should have been bolded. This is bug #1.

The Shipment Status Icon should have text underneath the icon. In your example, it should display “Out for Delivery” below the cardboard box icon. This is bug #2

The icons that are not relevant is currently not designed to fade. The grey bar also isn’t expected to turn green at any point. We would recommend submitting your feedback to our ideas board for these enhancements: https://documentation.vin65.com/News-Release/Request-a-Feature

The ability to create a tag that points directly to the Carrier’s website would be a great idea for our ideas board as well!

Thanks for your feedback and patience!

1 Like

Hi Carisen,
Maybe have the delivered logo changed as well, as I believe the current check mark logo I believe causes confusion (customers think the check mark indicates that’s where their package is at in the process). How about a logo that looks like a house, or something along those lines?

1 Like

@K80 - Thanks for the feedback! I’d recommend submitting a Feature Request for that enhancement here: https://documentation.vin65.com/News-Release/Request-a-Feature

The bug fix is to return it to the original design at this time (as shown on our documentation site). But we certainly welcome feedback for future enhancements :slight_smile: