EasyShip integration not updating package status

We recently send out our wine club using easy ship, and didn’t receive a single shipment exception notification on the admin panel. This has never happened before, so I manually checked all package statuses and filtered by “exception” “attempt fail” etc., and still did not find any packages with delivery issues.
A couple weeks later, I am now recieving packages back with 3+ failed delivery attempts. No action emails were sent to customers, informing them of a shipment exception, and Vin65 did not show any exceptions.
It seems like there is some issue with UPS servers not pushing updates to Vin65, or some issue with our EasyShip settings in Vin65.

I spoke with a Vin65 rep this morning who confirmed that the integration settings are all correct for our winery, and that no other customers have reported problems.
It seems to me, if it were an issue on UPS’s end, multiple wineries would be affected, but to date no other wineries have reported issues to Vin65 support.

Has anyone run into this issue before, or have any advice?
Vin65 told me they could not help, and I would need to work with UPS to figure out the issue…

What??!? @Brent

1 Like

Yes, I was incredibly frustrated.
The rep I spoke with said "The settings look correct. Contact UPS directly, and ask them to check if their trigger calls to external vendors are working properly."
I have no clue who to call for that, or what that means (I’m assuming the regular UPS number is not the place to go?), and tbh, I am incredibly frustrated with the response.
I understand, Vin65 cannot spend a great deal of time on minor issues for every customer, or larger issues will never be addressed. But this has so far cost me a few hundred dollars in having to reship packages, and a few pissed off customers. This is one of the most useful features of Vin65 for our winery, because we self-fullfill. And if it is not going to work anymore, I don’t know that we will be able to continue self-fullfilling.

Sorry for the rant.

Typically the exception management for the UPS integration (EasyShip) is managed through your UPS.com account, not through Vin65’s tool set. Similar to a compliance issue, that would be managed out or ShipCompliant instead of Vin65.

That being said, we do have our package tracking tools in our ‘Plus’ package offering. These are separate tools from the UPS integration but this should bring back details from UPS and other shipping carriers. If you have a support ticket number with an order number our team can reference, we can see if what information we’re gathering for that tracking number.

Ok, I’ve submitted a ticket (#86494) for order #7758.
I am more than happy to tracked down past instances, but this is the only package I know of that is currently in transit with an issue.

Thanks for the details. Our client service team will jump in to see what details UPS is sending on these packages to see if it’s something that is an exception.

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you very much for your help!

The real surprise is that you shipped your wine club with Easy Ship! How many packages? More than 100? I can’t even fathom using Easy Ship for a club shipment!

I don’t recall the exact number off the top of my head, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 packages.

From a label printing perspective I am pretty happy with the tool, though I would love if it didn’t print instructions on every label.

What is your workflow? Are you using the worldship batch import tool?

Instructions on every label? Did you print the labels on regular paper? Interesting! I love seeing how other people fulfil their clubs!

Yes, I export using the FedEx Shipment Export report, directly into WorldShip. I then import the tracking numbers back into Vin65. For tracking returns, etc, I use UPS QVM, as Easy Ship has never been reliable enough for me.

WorldShip is not exactly bleeding edge technology, but it’s a reliable workhorse.

Hey everyone!

Been working on this with @nhaberkern today and found out a few things to share. Vin65 is currently only set up to send a “There’s an issue with your shipment” email for shipping activity that are labelled as “Shipping Exception”. We sync the shipping activity log with UPS and FedEx and other carriers but they treat failed delivery attempts differently. UPS tries 3 times to deliver and then returns to sender. Each failed attempts are not marked as an exception and will not send an email. The logic here is because the UPS driver is expected to leave a missed delivery note on the customers door, they don’t need a second email notification. After 3 failed attempts, UPS will return the package to sender and this activity is recorded as an Exception and will trigger an email.

FedEx marks each failed delivery attempts as a Shipping Exceptions so each failed delivery attempts will trigger an email from Vin65.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello. I am late to this thread, but wanted to note the same thing happened to our account with last month’s shipment. We recently imported tracking numbers for the first time from World Ship. Unfortunately every time we look to see the status of a package, we have to first update manually. This means that I have to manually update to note a package as “exception” to appear on our dashboard. We track returned packages this way. As stated earlier, this is incredibly frustrating. It seems we streamline a process, importing tracking numbers versus manual input, and another challenge arises. In the past, these updates were automatic. I am not sure if something has changed…maybe a setting.