Exchanges on Club Orders - Pool?

I’m talking about Club orders run in the batch and then the member comes in and decides they want to swap something for something else.

Originally the exchanged wine would be pulled from the Pool associated with Club pickup orders.

Today we observed that the exchanged wine is coming out of the TR Pool.

What gives? @carisen?

Ooh, bummer. I hadn’t noticed that because where I’m at currently we’re processing everything out of one pool. In general, I’ve been loving the new feature so far.

One other thing I noticed, though, is that after exchanges the original orders are still showing as not picked up, so I need to instruct our team to make sure the original order gets marked as picked up in addition to processing the exchange.

Yes, we’ve run into that as well.

I’m hoping to get an answer on this pool thing soon!

Hi @ElJefe - the designed behaviour for handling an exchange is to deplete the new bottle from the Pickup Inventory Pool listed under POS Profile. It will not deplete from the Pickup Inventory Pool listed under Shipment Setup.

The original order will still have a banner of Not Picked Up. However, there should be another banner below it which should indicate that the Order has been Refunded.

We’d encourage you to provide feedback to our Product Team for any tweaks to these functionalities or other behaviours you feel could be improved. We love hearing ideas from our clients!

OK. Thanks

YIKES glad I saw this re: it not marking orders as picked up. Looks like we are going to have to go back and check A LOT of orders. I’ll send in a feature request about this.

Excellent idea, doing same.

This happens on refunded orders, too. So if the tasting room staff refunds an order in the POS, someone with access to the admin panel needs to go in and mark that No Shipping Required. It’s an extra step and easy to overlook.

1 Like