Exchanging wine club wine for members

how do I go about “switching out” wines for a wine club member after they have already been billed? I do not want to have to void or refund the entire ticket if they only want to switch one or two wines.

If you have a fixed discount club you of course just return wines and charge for new wines.

But it sounds like you - like me - have a fixed price club, where they pay the same amount each time for some mix of wines. Which means the actual price paid per wine is variable.

The best way I have come up with - I do 7 different packages depending on red & white choices and number of bottles - is to choose fixed prices for the wines and ring them up that way in the club order. For example a $20 retail might normally be $18 club but $16.50 as part of the package. That works for N-1 of the wines, so for the Nth wine I just pick a price that makes the difference to meet the fixed price.

Then to swap I just do the refund and charge.

I have done this once and I’m not entirely happy with it. Oddly enough almost no one noticed the price weirdness when I did this, but it still makes me uneasy. I’m trying to figure out how to make a fixed price work in the land of user choice and it isn’t happening yet.

@Brent not quite sure how to make this a feature request. But please hear me: user choice works great when people know they are getting it shipped. But for pickup members they have a mindset that they can just swap when they get here. And it ends up taking a lot of time to go through the refund and new order process. If we had an easy “club swap” - remove these, add those, figure the difference, and go - I bet we would sell more wine. Think of it as “user choice for the TR”.