Feature Request - Clearing a Customer from a transaction

When you start an order and add items you can then add the customer. However, when you try to use the “Clear Contact from Order” feature, then it clears the ENTIRE order, customer AND items. It makes sense that “Clear Contact from Order” would simply remove a linked Contact but NOT completely erase the order and clear the cart.

I believe the function of the button should be updated so only the customer is cleared out. If this is not possible, then at a minimum, the labeling should change so that it says “Clear Entire Order” rather than simply Clear Contact from Order since it takes out the order as well.

2 Likes

I too have always found the wording of that function to be rather misleading.

I agree! It is similar to the POS pay with cash button for club orders, and also the Hold and Resume buttons. If a cashier collects a cash payment for a club order using the available button the order does not process correctly. When an order on our Guest Customer account is placed on hold and then resumed, the order does not keep the billing account name and make it into ShipCompliant. It makes training a new employee a bit tricky.

While we’re at it, is there a good reason (other than Karson, Andrew and Brent being left-handed) that this modal box has a + on the left and - on the right?

Seems to ignore the logical sequential progress established in Latin. Must be a Canadian thing.

1 Like

I should add this to my Rules of Vin65, under “Canadian”.