Gift Memberships (Setting Up)

I have a gifted wine club membership that is paying for by a brother and I am not sure how to set up the emails.

The brother wants to know what the charges are.

The problem is the one paying for it is upset because I can’t separate out the credit card charges from the shipping information.

How can I keep them from getting the email about credit cards being charged, the actual charge receipt and such but still let them know the tracking info and when it shipped, plus other invite emails and such?

TIA, Jodie

If you look around here (and especially the old facebook group), gift memberships are a real issue for a lot of people. Vin65 will tell you that you should set up the gift giver as the main Contact and the gift recipient as the shipment recipient. I find this to be an unsatisfying way to handle gift memberships because (correct me if I’m wrong somebody) the gift giver (main contact) gets all of the marking emails, receipts, and shipping emails instead of the actual member (shipping contact). We want our members to be in the fold!

Any method you use outside of what Vin65 recommends is going to be pretty messy. A separate contact for gift giver and gift member is what I’ve decided. Heavy use of notes/tasks is going to be your friend if you do something like this.

1 Like