Bugs and Communication

We’ve been experiencing a bug where contact statuses have been incorrectly assigned. We’ve noticed the bug over some time, most recently, a person signed up for our wine club and purchased wine. This should automatically change his contact status to ‘Club Member’ but instead he’s shows up as ‘Prospect’ with a 0 LTV. This is a big issue especially when it comes to segmenting emails to customers, and very importantly how we handle Club Member communication after they’ve joined the club.

We’ve opened a ticket with WineDirect who says they are aware of the issue & are working to fix it. My question is, is any one else experiencing this? And, if WineDirect is aware of a bug, we feel WineDirect should announce this via email to save valuable time on our end (discovering the bug/trying to fix the bug/opening a ticket about the bug).

Also, as a heads up, none of my customers in the last few days have received their automated tracking emails. I’ve called WineDirect and am waiting for a call back. Anyone experiencing this issue?

For the Contact Type issue, does it resolve itself if you check back in a day or two? It might just be a performance thing where their service that normally assigns the Contact Type is congested.

For the tracking emails, do you use ShipCompliant and/or a fulfillment house?

Thanks for responding Ed, the issue has remained unresolved so far, but will let you know what the result is. Is congestion pretty common with that type of service?

We do our shipping in house, we have shipcompliant, we don’t use their tracking emails. Our customers only receive the system emails thru WineDirect, we’re integrated with UPS.

We are experiencing the same problem. I just created a support ticket.

Hello all,

This is Artur, from WineDirect Customer Support Team.

Thanks for sharing this on our panel. We did have some issues with out LTV tool, and we had to turn it off momentarily. The contact status was also impacted by the shut off, and therefore it was not getting updated during this outage.

We have already restored the LTV service, so you should see the actual amount for your customers.

Now, as the last step to have everything back on track, we are currently working to have the contact status fixed for your clients.

Thank you for your patience,

Artur

1 Like

Hey Artur,

Thanks for the update! Have you guys ever considered putting these sort of updates on the status page? It’s something that other web service companies do, and it really helps customers know what is going on with their service!

2 Likes

I’m convinced that whoever set up that Status site forgot the login and they can’t edit it. That page, for most intents and purposes, is useless. So much potential for improvement there for both commerce and fulfillment.

Hi there,

We do use this status page to update customers about any outages, as well as the admin panel itself.

However, for this specific problem with the LTV and contact status, we thought we could fix the issue in a couple days, and it turned out to be over a week.

We’re sorry for this inconvenience and we’ll also make an effort to monitor this community space more often.

1 Like