How to copy existing Product to setup new vintage?

Other than product import, is there a way to copy an existing product from/to create new vintage setup.

1 Like

At the moment, no, but maybe a feature Vin65 adds down the road.

Please check out OrderPorts cloning function - I hope Vin65 will include something like this in the future. creating one from scratch every single time is really pretty tiresome !

Here again to say how frustrating it is to not be able to clone or copy a product to add a new vintage. Every other POS system I’ve ever used has had this feature. This is 2017.

1 Like

I feel your frustration. I raised this question last year and sent message to Vin65 to improve product setup feature. I’m guessing nothing will get done unless the design team see a spike of complaints concerning this issue (clone an item)- to edit vtg, product sku, alc%, other specs. It is more time consuming to import 1 product. Because it is having to download an existing product, and make the necessary changes, then import.

1 Like

I have found the product exporter and importer to be a pretty great (and easy) tool to get accustomed to using, and a great solution for product cloning. Also probably best to use this so that you review all of your new products’ details first, while they are all in one place.

Since making a new product involves so much more than a web page (for me at least) I’ve got a product cycle checklist that includes the workflow for copy and modifying a web page. Opening the old one in one browser and copy/paste to the new is cake when you have a checklist to not miss anything.