How would I run a report on people who have bought a case or more in the last year?

How would I run a report on people who have bought a case or more in the last year?

When you say a case, do you mean:

A. Customers who in the last 12 months, in an individual order, bought 12 or more bottles?

B. Customers that, over the span of 12 months, bought the sum of 12 or more bottles potentially across multiple orders?

@edfarmcollective - we could use help with this as well. We are trying to do B

Depending on the scope of your offerings and sales you could:

1. Use the Product Options and Order Options in List Builder to specify purchases of 12 or more bottles (using a list of SKUs) and restrain the time frame to the last 12 months.

2. Run an Order Detail report for EVERYTHING in the last 12 months. Filter out non-bottle purchases and PivotTable that sucker by Customer Number and sum of Quantity Sold.

I’m going to guess there’s an easier way which somebody will come in and bail us out in 3,2,1…

It really depends on how you have things organized. If you have all your bottles in one Department that helps.

There are things you can also do in List Builder, but it depends on what you need in the output.

Or forget this and do LTV.

@edfarmcollective thanks for the tips - very helpful - we now can get the bottle count of each customer over the last 12 months

to @eljefe 's point, we need another piece that I cannot figure out.

I need a list or csv with customers that includes their sign up date. Then I can see how many bottles have been purchases since their sign up date. Any idea of a list or export that will give me that option?

Thanks in advance, Rachel

To be clear, club sign up date.

I’m by no means an expert on WineDirect’s reporting tools, so I’ll defer to somebody else on that. But I do know of a way to pull this off in Excel, but it’s going to require MASSIVE data sets and a lot of daisy-chained functions.

Well, what Ed said. Maybe you can make lookups do the job not quite so heinously. Do the bottle report via List Builder, then run a club member reports with just customer number and signup date and do a lookup.

Otherwise seriously consider LTV instead. The club member reports have LTV and club signup date.

@edfarmcollective - I was hoping for a report column. :slight_smile:

Just in talking through this, I think I figured it out.

You can get the club sign up date through the club sign ups report. Then do a vlookup to link it to the order detail. Then pivot the data to get what I need.

Thanks for being an ear!

1 Like