iPad Case Recommendations

Does anyone have a favorite iPad case that fits the Magtek iDynamo (the lightning port swiper)? This is for the iPad Pro - both sizes. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Iā€™d love to know too, Jess. Iā€™ve yet to find one that works great

Which Magtek iDynamo? Magtek sells the ā€œcā€ version Look at this model for a case.

https://www.magtek.com/product/cdynamo
*fits: Air, Air 2, Mini, Mini 2 and Mini 3

Thanks David. Itā€™s the iDynamo (https://www.magtek.com/product/idynamo) and for a Pro.
Tiffany - weā€™re heading to Best Buy today with a swiper. Weā€™ll let you know what we find!

oops! Ignore my last comment, David! Just noticed you were a Vin65ers! :slight_smile: Are there a lot of customers using that case? Any reported problems? Weā€™ve been using the ID TECH UniMag II and itā€™s not that reliableā€¦ and doesnā€™t fit well with any of the cases. I like the look of it. Thanks!

@tpham I know we like it better than the non-case version as it is sturdier and can attach to a stand. Not sure on how many have ordered them but feel it is a better product. Jeff Cole at Change Merchant Solutions can fill you in on customer feedback with who has ordered them and in use today. Need more community input on the experience.

1 Like

Hey @tpham, the cDynamo was game-changer. Itā€™s a bit expensive but itā€™s a case and a swiper together. The case is very well put together and even has some VESA mounts on the back. It comes in most sizes (notably missing is iPad mini 4 and iPad pro).

Thanks @Zach! We have a few mini 4 and a few Air 2. I like it, looks more durable. They are expensive, but going to see if the ā€˜folksā€™ will go for itā€¦

1 Like

We have both the cDynamo and the iDynamo on iPad Air2ā€™s.

I highly recommend the cDynamo. I honestly canā€™t imagine the iDynamo standing up to the abuse of a busy saturday at the bar.

Like Zach said, they arenā€™t cheap, but theyā€™re well worth it.

1 Like

Hi @zach - Does Vin65 have plans to support the new EMV kDynamo cases? https://www.magtek.com/product/kdynamo

It looks like it works for the miniā€™s too. Thanks,Tam

1 Like

@tpham Iā€™ve asked Jeff from Change Merchant Solutions. He has the scoop on Magtek. Weā€™ll see what he says.

3 Likes

I am very interested in hearing what Jeff says!

We use the windfall stand from Heckler Designs. It runs $130, and is compatible with the Magtek iDynamo.

@JKing @tpham @ElJefe Phil from CMS says this is still 3 months away from getting into CMS/Vin65 hands for development.

1 Like

I use that stand too, itā€™s really great.

Agreed, we love our CDynamo. They are also selling a stand and hand strap to fit them now. Again, not cheap but Iā€™m really considering it. According to Phil at CMS, the stand does need to be mounted but it can mount via screws or an incredibly strong adhesive pad that is removable. Same for attaching the strap to the CDynamo case. They are sold separately.

I have been trying for ages to find a good stand for the cDynamo. I finally found these brackets on eBay, and had a local woodworker create some stands with felt bottoms. Theyā€™re super sturdy, and fit into our decor really nicely.

2 Likes

Wow, very nice! Thanks for sharing.