Managing Cash Drawer in Vin65 via iPad

Hello!

I have worked with Vin65 for quite some time but never with a cash drawer… We are setting up a new tasting room that will be using cash, how do we “cash in” using the ipads?

Thanks

I don’t know the answer to your question Julianna, but as we get closer to setup, I am curious if when using an Ipad in the TR out on the floor, (via a former experience with square register), does the cash drawer automatically open every time you complete a cash transaction?

If everything is set up right, the drawer will open…

Here is what I posted in response over in the Old Place: We just have a printing calculator and “run a tape” at the beginning and end of day. The drawer is supposed to have a fixed amount at start and end of day. We use the Daily Sales Report to get the cash that should come out at the end of day.

1 Like

Thank you- I am so used to using the Facebook group I posted there first, and here as an afterthought! We will be using an Excel spreadsheet to reconcile cash at the end of the day.

1 Like

It does!

Can you set it only to open for a cash transaction. Here’s the reason I ask. If someone is away from the cash drawer and is finalizing a transaction, the drawer may pop open with no one at the register. That was my concern. With square it opened with every transaction.

The cash drawer behavior is described here and I don’t know of a way to change that. https://documentation.vin65.com/POS/POS-Hardware-Compatibility#Cash-Drawers

As posted on Facebook: There is no cash in with vin65- it is just a running additive total. So we count in on an external sheet and count out on the same sheet at the end of day, then match that total to the vin65 cash total.

And I use the daily activity report - and have a ticker tape calculator that we use for the staff to count out at the end of the day.

1 Like

Do you ever have issues with the cash being over? We have run into that a few times and I think it might be because employees are not recording what they are taking in and it defaults to zero

Usual reason is when it gets ultra busy and cash tastings etc don’t get rung up.

1 Like