Pick Up Locations

Is there a way to designate certain pick up locations for wine club and not others? We only allow wine club pick ups at two of our locations, but all the locations show up in the drop down menu when people sign up for clubs.

Asked for that a long time ago, as far as I know it’s not possible. Please feature request.

There’s a long list of these small, often simple, features and enhancements that I know any of the engineers could tackle in 5 minutes if they just had the time and priority. Believe, me, I get it.

But here’s an idea:

@Brent; close the office from Thursday through Friday sometime in June and take the team up to Whistler for a Manhattan Project-style coding fest. Compile a list of 100 of these little bugs/enhancements and see how many you guys can hammer through in a 48-hour period.

If they get through half of them, everybody in the office gets a massage. If they get through all of them, the office gets a hot tub. Treat it like a game. I will personally commit to supplying as much beer and poutine as you think you need (luckily the US dollar is strong now).

Then you can get all of us off your back asking for stuff like this.

@Karson @Kelton @lucas_klaassen @Sarah @Andrea

7 Likes

@EdFarmCollective - Love the idea! There is an endless list of small items for sure. We tackle projects based on some key pillars 1) number of requests, 2) how it moves the needle for a winery to sell more DTC, and 3) how we can make a winery employee’s life more streamlined (not necessarily weighted in that order)

So although I’m up for anything that involves unlimited beer :beer: and poutine :fries: 
 I truly believe that you’d rather us spend that time on the items that make a big difference (and some items that make a big difference are the ‘5-minute’ items/really small projects).

Winery’s feature requests, participation in the beta program, and feedback in the customer advisory board meetings and round tables really to shape what we build.

1 Like

Right. I get it. Eisenhower’s Principle.

BUT
should you ever want to tackle these ever-accumulating items and bundle it together with a fun, team-building retreat, I just ask that you be open to the 2017 Bugs & Suds Summit. It’s only 48 hours and the cumulative improvements would be invigorating.

:wink:

2 Likes

You could have beta testers standing by to try stuff as it comes out.

And if me curing and smoking several pounds of bacon will help this effort, just let me know.

(Seriously, having to explain to a customer why they can’t pick up their club at a location - “but the computer says I can” - keeps us from selling more wine, and probably impacts customer retention.)

4 Likes

For sure El Jefe, and for us-we’re moving to Sonoma so we can’t allow pickup from Oakland because we are closed, it says on the website and in the shopping cart that we are moving and that the Oakland location is closed but people still insist on clicking on the pick at Oakland location. I am really uncomfortable deleting that POS pickup profile because we have pending orders that we supposed to pick up from Oakland and didn’t so they are coming to Sonoma, but I am really nervous about removing it and what that will do to our reports. It would be great to just have an “inactive” option for a pick up location.

1 Like