POS Issues - 09/18/2016

We’re currently experiencing POS spikes/issues. Our IT team is aware and getting the POS to work is our top priority at this time.

We apologize for this issue, and we’ll post on this topic as we have more details.

Brent & the Vin65 Team

1 Like

Following

1 Like

Update: Additional servers have been added and are being booted up now.

Following

1 Like

POS on iPads and desktop should now be stable. Please, login and let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

POS desktop is still booting us out and saying “System error” with the option to re-login or retry. Tried both options and it lets me add 1 item to the cart and then when I try to add another the error message comes up again.

Thanks for your efforts to remedy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the same thing happening on iPads (if you’re able to access them)? I’d also recommend closing down your browser completely and clear browser cache. Let me know if you still get that issue.

Hi,
It is doing the same thing with the ipads. It will work for one or two transactions and then the error message comes up.

I’m not able to replicate this issue on our end, can you give specifics? (i.e. the customer, products, etc.). We can test more from there.

POS Issue Report:

Time of outage 30min (1:20pm - 1:50pm)

The outage began at 1:20pm when the two POS servers began to fail. Our system detected the failing servers and they were automatically restarted. The servers were back online at 1:29pm and the POS was responsive again until 1:41pm. Then the servers failed again.

We discovered the cause of the outage was that the POS servers did not automatically scale-up in the morning, causing the servers to be overloaded. The morning scale procedure essentially gets the POS and servers ready for heavy traffic.

We needed to do a manual start for this procedure. All of the POS servers were all online by 1:50.

We apologize for this outage and we’ll work to ensure that this procedure does not happen again.

If you have any issues, please contact support@vin65.com. Trent will be able to assist with any/all questions.

Thanks,

Brent & the Vin65 team.

1 Like

Hi Brent,

It seems to be happening every couple of transactions now. I have noticed it repeatedly when entering multiple products to an order. It happened 4 times when trying to ring through our 2013 estate Meritage and our 2011 “The One” sparkling on the same bill.

It is weird because it doesn’t happen every time. It just seems to be very quick for a couple of orders, then slows right down and we get the spinning wheel when trying to enter a product, then the error message appears and we have to log out and login again.

Thanks,
M

Hi Megan,

I’m looking into this now, Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Trent

Hi Trent,

Thank you for your help. I just noticed that it happens almost every time when you press an item button multiple times as opposed to clicking the item in the cart and pressing the + sign in the window to add more of the same SKU. not sure if that is helpful or not.

Cheers,
Megan

Thanks, Megan,

We have identified the issue and we are currently working to resolve this. I will have something for you shortly, shouldn’t be too much longer.

Thank you for your patience and feedback, really appreciate it!

Trent

1 Like

This is quite repeatable, at least for me at my location. If I that helps. - j

1 Like

Rough day but looks like everything came back for us around 5:00 MST. Thanks for the updates!

We seem to be having the same problem again today. Lots of spinning wheels, and ipads freezing mid transaction.

Thanks Caryn for the note. We’re checking on POS status now for our end. We’re you having success this morning at any point? Or is this just now starting to be an issue this last hour for you? How do your iPads connect to the internet from your facility, local WiFi or Cellular? Any additional notes could help. Thank you.

POS service appears to be solid at this time. If you are having any particular issues with any of your POS stations, please feel free to contact us on our Live Chat (See blue chat icon at lower right corner of our webpages) or email us at support@vin65.com and we can work with you closer on the issue.

Thank you,
Tim

1 Like

Things seem ok at this time. We are using Wifi, BTW.

1 Like