POS suddenly stopped charging sales tax

Our POS today has suddenly stopped charging sales tax on all items forcing us to manually calculate and add it to each ticket. Anyone else having this problem? We have changed no settings in either WineDirect or ShipCompliant so there is no explanation for why this is suddenly happening.

Hi @jmaltzman - We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. Please feel free to reach out to support@winedirect.com. Our team would be happy to help!

@jmaltzman Hi. Can you explain what is happening in more detail? Is it happening on all orders? Does you State Profile in Vin65/WD have rates for both wine and products? Are your products possibly setup (Product>Manage SKU> Advanced>‘Product is non-taxable’) to not charge tax? Do you have Tax by Zip turned on in your website settings? If you log into your SC Webservice Portal Account and search by the Zip Code - in the keyword box - are you able to see a ‘successful’ call for ‘getSalesTaxbyAddress’? I’m asking because I’ve had similar issues on some rather large Admin Panel orders, but there is no rhythm or reason I can pick up on.