Price Over rides

My staff keep over riding prices instead of using the promo codes.
This causes huge mistakes to happen and products to be way below discounted.
I keep telling them “no” they are not allowed to do that and it continues to happen.
How do I block sales associates from being able to do this?

Hi Dee,

Here’s a form that might be helpful for you.

In all seriousness, there is no way to prevent employees from price overriding items, without disabling discounting on the item altogether.

Yes this! Feature Request, maybe to only allow price overrides with certain permissions. It’s frustrating to see a price override and not know why. Great inquiry.

@Dee, I think @rmcguire has a point. I went through some of this and it really is more of a managerial issue. Locking your staff out of certain everyday functionality (even if you could) can be more trouble than teaching, empowering (and maybe forcing) them to do it right. None of this is easy of course, but remember the last time you waited forever at a retail store for the cashier to get a manager override?

I found that it really helped to A) Set up powerful promos that do all of the work for your employee at the point of sale, and then B) Show them how these promos/coupons are simply easier, faster, and more reliable than doing all of it manually. Good luck, you’ll figure it all out!

1 Like

Hey guys (@Dee @rmcguire @elizabeth @danjimerson),

Send in a ticket to support and we’ll turn on Security Groups for your site.

Thanks!

This was developed for the winery I used to work at, while I worked there. I think it works great. I’m a pretty staunch supporter of the “A Promo for every discount” sentiment.

THIS IS LIFE CHANGING! Thanks Zach!

1 Like

Hi Zach, if the security group is turned on, can it be set for the TR manager to have access in the case of a promo not working correctly?

You can have one group called Tasting Room Managers that is not limited in any way. Your Tasting Room Managers would be assigned that Security Group. Then you can have a Security Group called Tasting Room Sales Associates where users would be restricted from such things as overriding prices.

Caveat Emptor: Security Groups are only ging to work for you if everyone has their own login (which I highly suggest). And if everyone doesn’t have their own device, your people need to remember to log out after each transaction.

Thank you for your prompt reply Zach.

1 Like