Wine Club Complimentary Glasses/Tastings

Currently our members are given a complimentary glass or tasting for themselves and a guest every time they come in. We have a $0 product that it is billed as a member tasting and we have to check the order list when they come in to see if they have already used their 2.
Does anyone have a better way to prevent servers from checking in for additional glasses.

1 Like

There are not a ton of great ways to do this. One of which is you can create an automatic promo for Wine Club members that does a 100% discount against the full tasting product and then limit that promo’s usage per customer. You’d have to recreate this every year and there are some fringe issues, but I’ve seen it done.

I also always would ask how often this is being abused. You can run an Order Detail report and filter by the tasting SKU and then pivot it by customer number and see how many of your members are abusing this benefit. If it’s a tiny percentage, it might not be worth worrying about.

Also, welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Hi there! I’m the Ecommerce Sales Manager for WineDirect. I actually had a discussion with one of our Trainers about this very thing recently and this is the feedback I was offered:

“We usually suggest to let the system take care of that: make a promo that 100% discounts only a specific SKU for a specific level of Club membership and then limit its use to x amount. That way if they only get up to 2 free tastings per visit you can control that as well. If those tastings reset every month you can make the appropriate number of identical promos and have the start and end date leap frog throughout the year.”

If you want to flesh out the above further I’d suggest shooting an E-mail to support@winedirect.com, note what you’re trying to do, copy paste that quoted paragraph and our team can help walk you through some of the setup.

Hope this helps, all the best to you and your team!

1 Like