Printing Receipts Alphabetically

Is there any way to print receipts alphabetically from the Admin panel? We will be processing our October clubs and would love it we could print out the Will Calls in alpha order. We have a few hundred customers that pick up and it takes too long to alphabetize after printing.

I should also mention: we are not able to process the Will Calls vs. Shipping separately in the batch processing. maybe in the future, but not for the October clubs.

Go to Store - Orders - Orders List. You can set the parameters, such as Club Order type and Not Picked Up shipping status, using the drop downs on the left. Then choose Last Name from the Sort By drop down options in the upper right. The one weird quirk, customer names entered in all CAPS or all lower case do not alphabetize correctly.

Sadly, I tried that method prior to posting, but the orders do not print alphabetically even though they are listed in alpha order.

I saw in the Documentation area that orders only print by order number. I was hoping someone might have found a workaround by now.

I remember printing out the invoices, until we got to a certain size and we had to keep apologizing to the trees. Then we went with a signout sheet…

Depending on what you are needing from a full page invoice, using a report with the necessary data and a mail-merge could get you there.

We have a “will call” box with the receipt printed for the customer to sign. This way it is detailed what wines they should have in their parcel and the employee working the front desk knows what parcel to pull. I wish there was an alternate way of doing things, but the company I work for is very particular. Not always a bad thing since we are so detail oriented.

We also use the receipts in the will call box to compare with open orders for inventory purposes.

Then you may find mail-merge to be the way to go. (I don’t know how to do that, I just know it can be done with Word/Excel and perhaps other tools. There are instructions out there to be found.) You create a template in Word and then it pulls Excel data to fill in the blanks and spit out pages.

Once you have it set up it may be easier than hand sorting. There are fulfillment reports in Vin65 available that have all of the order data on a single line (the WineDirect report comes to mind).