Reports discrepency

We have started some individual sales contests and I am running various reports to determine winners. If I run the “Sales by Associate” report it tells me Employee A sold a subtotal of $13,000 for the month of July, but if I run a report I set up in Sales Detail X to see the sales broken down by item I am getting a subtotal of about $8300. I tried adjusting my parameters and the information reported and am getting the same figure over and over. Maybe I’m missing something, but shouldn’t an employee’s sales subtotal be the same or at least close in each of these reports???

You cannot use a Sales Detail X report to find total dollar amounts.

The reasons why are complicated (I don’t fully understand it either!), but here’s an example (taken from the documentation):

So if you have three wines that are $10 to ship each and total $30 in shipping, the ‘Detail’ report will show $30 in each line item under shipping. The ‘Detail X’ or extended report will show $10 - or extrapolate out the price of the tax and shipping and handling per line item.

So my suggestion is to use Sales by Associate, or Sales by Tender Detail to find the sales total, and then use Sales Detail X to find the quantity of each item sold.

You should be able to get reasonably accurate subtotals.

@JCJ are you total price or extended price?

product title, item price and quantity. Then the pivot table is giving me the total value.

You want to use Ext Item Price

ah! thanks! I’ll try it!