Strange intermittent message in POS last night

During our event last night we would occasionally get this odd message popping up at the end of an order. It would pop up for only a split second and we could just catch the words “internet” and “error”. It would happen so fast there was no time to grab a screen image. This would happen after tapping the new order button, so it would seem to be happening during the reload POS that happens then. When I observed this the orders were cash orders.

I’ve seen this a handful of times too. Haven’t seen any functional issues tied to this but yeah, not a real confidence builder.

We have seen this “Internet Failure” message regularly as well, and there is a “Try Again?” button. I’m not sure why this is popping up after the sale has actually completed. Every time it happens, I check the order list to ensure the order shows up, and it always does. I have not noticed it only occurring with cash transactions, but will try to pay more attention to that.

Packet loss.

LOL! Yet we were the only users on a private network set up just for events, wifi router 10 feet away in clear air. I guess then we’re supposed to go to Comcast to get it fixed?

2 Likes