Tickets for multiple dates for one event name

We want to put tickets on sale for an event that has multiple dates. What is the best way to do this? Create a ticket product for each date? with the date included in the sku?

Thanks!

We created a product for each date. I think this is the only way as in reality they are different events with separate inventory . When creating I believe you are now able to clone products. I haven’t tried it but would be a useful tool

If this event doesn’t care which date they attend, or if they attend all dates, do one product and one ticket. I’m guessing that isn’t the case so yes you would need a separate product for each.

I create one event ticket product but then I create multiple skus - 1 for each date. You can set inventory at SKU level and turn off the “Don’t Show Add to Cart On List Page.” This creates a drop down on your product page. So my use case was 80 tickets for 4 different dinners. I setup my SKUs as HarvestDinnerSept-14, HarvestDinnerSept-15, etc. for the dates of the events so people can tell from the drop down box. Has worked pretty well for us and then we can run reports based on sku for the day.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the helpful feedback!

When it comes time for new dates for your Harvest Dinner, do you just edit the existing skus with the new dates? or do you add new skus?

I setup a new event product and add my next round of SKUs. I do this because I use the product page to give a bunch of information on the upcoming event - menu, start times, etc. So my current offering is Product: 2018 Harvest Dinner. I have 4 SKUs each with an inventory to manage how many tickets can be sold. As the date of the event comes and goes, I zero out the inventory on each SKU (so people don’t sign up and pay for something in the past). Once the last SKU date is past, I inactivate the 2018 Harvest Dinner product.

that is exactly what i thought! thank you so much! you have been a big help!