TPI & Quickbooks

I’m using TPI version 6.0 to import sales into QuickBooks and run into a glitch any time there’s a refunded transaction. The refunded transactions transfer into QuickBooks as a positive number. So first we took the extra step of cancelling the refunded transactions in Vin65, and then when I run the TPI/QB import again, the refunded transaction doesn’t transfer into QB (which is correct). Yet somehow mysteriously the QB deposit amount is still over by the amount of the refund. It’s like a ghost transaction – QB is still reading the refund as a positive number even tho the transaction hasn’t actually been imported on screen. Anyone else have this problem? PS: Of course we still get the duplication error any time a split tender is transferred into QB, but that’s another story…

Are you using report QB or QB V2. I find version 2 creates more problems.
After downloading the file I sort out the refunds from the sheet I am going to
import with TPI version 6 and it doesn’t show up in the deposit or inventory. I am using QB desktop pro not QB online.
Also the QB report imports as a .txt file and like split tenders they haven’t fixed that either.

If you are interested in an integration that automatically batches your orders for you into QB from WD daily, feel free to email me at Dan@wineglassmarketing.com to schedule a call with me to see if this solution will be a good fit for you.