Tracking attributes/source

Hello, on orders we use sales attribute to track where a sale came from, and source code to track what venue it happened at. So attribute would be say referral and source would be name of referral. Or attribute would be walk in and source would be tasting room (as opposed to winery).

We want to start tracking club adds as well, but there is only source code, not attribute. How does everyone else track how you get new club members? We want how they came to us. Events? web?

Hi @Valerie,
I am looking for the same detail. I have just entered the reason for the sign up in the source code, for a website sign up. I know this will then appear on the sign up report but will it appear anywhere else on the contacts record i.e. somewhere where we do not want that info to show?
It would be great to be able to track why people sign up and particularly what has prompted someone to sign up via the website.
We put employees names in the sales attribute i.e. if the WC sign up has happened in CD or we just select event if it comes from that. It would then be good to be able to know which events have given the best conversions. Can anyone else help?