Two things that take an unusual amount of time

and need to be fixed. Sometimes they time out. What is curious is that I get timeouts even after a fresh login, where you’d think I’d have a better chance (if load balancing is really working…)

One is in Store->Orders, searching on last name. Most other searches finish quickly, but searching on a last name (or first/last) always takes many seconds and often times out.

The other is clicking the History tab when looking at an order. History is the only way to get at what time a POS order was placed, and who was logged in. History didn’t used to be so slow but lately it has become so. Also many seconds to complete.

Please @Karson?

1 Like

I can never figure out why things time out. I will be doing a lot of editing ugh!!! and searching using customer number. It will go from quick returns to timing out within minutes. I can never figure out what is causing the delay. I can do the same search on a second browser that is open and the search comes back quick so it isn’t an issue with the customer number being included in too many other fields where the match is being compared.

1 Like

Maybe you’re already doing this but after getting frustrated with the search time, Doing the advanced search dropdown where you only enter the field such as last name or cust number is so much quicker and rarely gets hung up for me. That’s all that I use now.

hi Elizabeth - Yes, in Contacts I always use the Advanced dropdown. But here I am referring to the search in Store->Orders. Sometimes you need to find orders based on name, usually when the next step is doing one of the Actions available.

There’s a lot of technical reasons why search is slow sometimes.
Search is a hard thing to master correctly, with proper indexing, context matching, etc…

The contact search is a different beast, but the order search,
No quick fix unless you had 1 contact in your system, it’s something we’re continuing to improve on as people start having more and more contacts, our systems are scaling to match and hold all of the data.

Timeouts and better data handling are a big focus for us internally.