Customizing V65 tag output

Hi There,

i’m just getting my feet wet with the wine direct systems. Is there a way for customizing the output of v65 tags?

So i can add or remove content that appears within the tag?

Thanks,

Mark

A few of the tags do natively offer the ability to control some small aspects of their output — for example, the nav tags offer depth options — but beyond that you’ll usually need to do some light scripting to get what you want in terms of output customization. jQuery is pumped in by Wine Direct’s required tags already, so I suggest you work with that to add classes as needed and then show/hide whatever in the output using css.

What were you trying to accomplish?

ETA: the answer to this is going to be dependent on your comfort level with frontend coding. Basically, are you getting your feet wet with Wine Direct as a winery/end user, or as a designer/developer/engineer?

2 Likes

You can customize some. It will behoove you to list a more specific example as it’s literally just memorizing that some you can and some you can’t.

A couple areas that are handy to know about:
-Website Settings
-Designer Launch
-Understand the templates you can FTP to in the v65html folder
-Learn about “Resource Bundle”
-Browse the ‘templates’
-Try to understand content blocks and pods. Those are the ones most commonly editable.

And some allow parameters. For example you can add in a sort menu and the parameters can help determine what price ranges like $0-25, $26-75, etc., for example.

Thanks for the reply.
I’m a designer/developer… I’m fine with writing and working with jquery. I would rather edit markup where that is the better option.

In this case I’m looking at the v65:login</v65:login>
login tag. I want to use the word “crate” rather than “cart”

the tag outputs

"Cart 0 items: $0.00

There’s both CSS and JS solutions to this problem but I thought I would check to see if I could edit tag markup first. I’m used to working on word-press sites and this would be easy there.

I will say I appreciate the concise mark-up that the template pages have. There isn’t a million useless wrapper divs.

Thanks for your help

Mark

Hey @mkubas,

If you’re looking to change wording, I’d recommend looking first in the Admin Panel under Settings > Resource Bundle. Most of the text elements from tags can be found and changed here.

There isn’t a way to change the code directly since the source is platform wide. As others have mentioned, if you take a look at our list of tags here, dependant on the one you are using, some have attributes that you can pass in to alter what is output. (View v65:eventUpcoming as an example)

1 Like

Thanks!

That’s very helpful. I’ll see what I can find there.