Deleting system emails

Is there a work around for system emails? I want to be able to disable or inactivate especially the ‘Your order has changed’ email. Very confusing for customers as they get this for everything from a delivery date change (caused by delivery exception or request to hold at location, etc.) to a change made on our end for a compliance update (the customer had had the order for three weeks!) Is this a feature request and had anyone else wanted it?

This! I hate these emails and have not found an effective way of deactivating them. There are many unnecessary system emails that get sent out, one of my least favorites was the automated “Your Credit Card has been Updated” when there were no changes to the credit card, this caused so much confusion that I had to cancel that service because each time I asked there was no solution other than “that’s just how it is”.
Hopefully with these system emails there is a solution as I too would like to curb how often these get sent out to our customers.

1 Like

I totally agree. Our tech support has indicated that these are imbedded so far into the software that they cannot be easily deactivated. There isn’t even any real documentation regarding what and when they are triggered. Very frustrating for us as well as our customers!

Hi @BrianS - we recently added a functionality to address the Credit Card Updater scenario you are describing. Here it is: https://documentation.vin65.com/blog/Disable-Credit-Card-Update-Email-Alerts

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Very much hoping the rest of this issue will be reviewed -I’d like to go in a deactivate or turn off a system email for a short period of time (like when I need to go in and clean up pick up flags). Why is this so hard?

Hi @mhunt - thank you for following up. I found this feature request for the ability to disable System Emails on our ideas board here: https://ideas.winedirect.com/ideas/MKTG-I-426

We would recommend commenting and voting for this item - these suggestions reviewed regularly by our product team. They will review and see if it’s something we can implement and when.

We really appreciate your feedback ad sorry for the current limitations

Carisen, I’d love to vote for it, but when I log in and look at it - as it has for other ideas I’d like to vote for - it says “zero votes left” and will not allow me to click on Vote. :frowning:

@mhunt it’s likely that you have used up all of your votes. Here is how you can see a list of ideas you have voted for and once you remove one of your submitted votes, you should be able to vote on another idea: http://recordit.co/yzfQsH6Fg6

Hope this helps!

Has there been any update on this - are we ever going to be able to deactivate or turn off for a brief period System Emails? I do not want to go in and clean up old pick up orders that will generate a very confusion email to our customer. thanks

Has anyone figured out how to either delete or inactivate system emails yet?? It has been 2 weeks since our Wine Club Shipment went out and customers are receiving 8-10 “Your Order Has Shipped” emails PER DAY and they received their packages long ago!!
My customers are extremely frustrated and no one at Wine Direct can figure out the problem or give me any timeline on fixing this issue.
Does anyone else have ideas??