Event Ticket Report

When a partial or full refund or return is performed on a concert ticket two things happen in the event ticket report that I don’t think should happen. Firstly, the refunded ticket still shows up as an active ticket in the report. The only way this doesn’t happen is if the order is cancelled/voided which isn’t preferred if the refund/return is performed on any date after the original purchase as it recreates financial history. Secondly, using the return function ensures that the inventory count is correct, but oddly duplicates the ticket information for each ticket returned and shows them all as being active. I understand that there is a similar issue with gift cards within Vin65 (not sure as we currently don’t use them). The concern is obviously that the report acts as the master list which is used to populate a scan gun to validate tickets at entry. If refunded tickets are loaded, then in theory a person could still gain access to an event with a ticket that they were refunded for. From an accounting and business perspective this is a serious control flaw that should be addressed both for event tickets as well as gift cards.

3 Likes

Clearly not a priority for Vin65 considering the lack of response or even a basic acknowledgement that a problem exists.

Hi @sidzan - what you are describing is the current functionality of our event ticket tools at this time. Event Tickets refunded will not remove the ticket from the event ticket report. It’s something that has been requested for by other clients and our programming team is aware of this limitation in our Ticketing functionality. We recommend submitting a Feature Request on this here as well: https://www.vin65.com/Resources/Support#Feature-Request.

I can also confirm that refunding a Gift Card will not change the balance automatically - it needs to be adjusted manually in the Gift Card section.

We recommend that you check out the New Features section found under Dashboard regularly as we will be posting bug fixes, tweaks and new functionalities such as this in the New Features section when they are built, tested and launched.

@sidzan I requested they fix this bug back when refunds first became available. That was a long time ago. I think not holding your breath on this is the best course of action.

In the meantime, if you Cancel the whole order - instead of refund - the tickets will be removed from the report. (@zach here is another reason I cancel and not refund.)

Hi. Can you possibly add to your support documentation for this page, the shortcomings of the Event ticket report? Is it just that refunded ones don’t deduct from here? Any other problems to bring up when explaining to a tasting room associate that the report should be read with a grain of salt? Thanks !

https://documentation.vin65.com/Reports/Event-Tickets

Here’s what I know:

1. If you cancel/void the order, the tickets also get cancelled and removed from the event report.

2. If you refund, partially or completely, the tickets are not cancelled and still show up on the event report.

3. If you decide to change the title of the event in mid sales for any reason - like say adding “Tonight!” to the end of it - it will start a new report with the new title as soon as you sell another ticket. (In other words, the report is tied to the title.)

4. Events are forever. Assuming you don’t delete them (I don’t delete anything based on the assumption that deleting will break something somewhere), they show up on the event report drop down forever, even if they are inactive. Pro kludge: for old events change the title to start with “zz” to force it down the menu. This actually works despite what I said in #3.

5. An inactive event won’t show up on the web, even if “Display…” is checked.

6. If you sell event tickets on the POS but you don’t capture first/last name, you will end up with a lot of Guest Customers on your check in list.

All that said, as long as you understand the limitations and figure out kludges that work for you to get around them, the event report is still pretty handy. I use it all the time.

1 Like