Exchange Beta - exchanges causing a refund

@SarahBarwin

1. Let’s say the original order is several months ago, and it nets to a refund. How old of an order will cause the refund to a credit card to fail?

2. When it fails, what happens? What do I do now? Can I do a cash refund? Can I try again and add items so that it comes out to a zero or greater balance?

Thanks - j

@ElJefe

1. Nothing has changed from how refunds behave without exchanges enabled; depending on your payment gateway you’ll have a time limit for which you can process refunds

2. If the original order was on a credit card, you can’t do a cash refund. We are in the process of building functionality so that when it fails you can cancel out and retry/add items to the cart until a $0 order or positive balance is reached.

SB

So until then… the original order is damaged and nothing more can be done with it - correct?

I understand this is the hard part of creating this functionality, just want to be sure we have a plan. Thanks!

You should be able to cancel out (you just can’t actually do the $0/positive charge) but we’re working on getting a test environment up to confirm that, so to be safe go with your assumption in the meantime. We should have a fix in the next week or two.

1 Like