Marking Orders Made on Website in Tasting Room

So I have been on the phone with vin65 but I also wanted to reach out and see if anyone has any suggestions on how to make this work better. Mainly for my tasting room staff so they can easily cross reference a product that is sold to if it has been redeemed.

I have created a tasting room bundle with a choice of flight and cheese plate for 2 and 4 people that can only be purchased on the website, it is tied to a marketing campaign I am running. I am going to try and increase new customers and blah blah blah.

The product is created and can be purchased on the website no problem. I can populate a report that gives me the information I need to see who has purchased and create a spreadsheet of everyone who has received one. Here is the tricky part, I would like to make it possible for our tasting room associates to look up the customer when they come in to redeem the product, mark or flag them as redeemed (I was thinking of changing order from shipped to picked up or vice versa). I want a way to just pull the order from our POS and mark it as redeemed. I want to make sure this is limited to only one customer at a time to show them our awesome experience. I have thought of doing it as event tickets, allocations, manually changing shipping on the admin panel so the POS has a button to mark as picked up, or even not picked up, just as long as it shows it as redeemed and accounted for. Nothing seems to work as I would like it to. I want to avoid printing daily reports and cross referencing them in excel every day. Anyone have an outside the box suggestion? Thanks in advance.

The simplest thing I’ve thought of so far is to put in a Flag (Note) when they redeem. The difficult thing is that the Flag would be forever, but maybe that is an advantage “Oh I see you took advantage of our flight thing the last time.”

I would also make it a simple Product and not a bundle if possible.

It is possible to make it a simple product for sure, I just want to take advantage of the ability to count tastings and cheese trays. Seemingly product/product bundle have the same capability in this instance.

Flagging or adding a note may be a possibility and an option. Thanks for the info!

Bundles do have advantages like that, but they can surprise you too. Needless to say, test everything carefully.

It would really help if we could force a website product to be “pickup only” on the website, then you could just process as a pickup…

It would be extremely helpful if we could mark certain products as “pickup only” on the website. I am trying to think of a work around for sure. Always testing everything too, thanks again for the input Jeff.

I went in to the resource bundle and added these words:

FOR ALL TICKETS
choose pickup please!

That has helped but not universally…

Honestly, if there is just some way I can add some sort of attribute or variable to the product when it is sold through the website, then when it is brought in I can change it on the POS to show it has been redeemed. My life would be grand…

I did think of one other idea… you could sell a gift card set to the appropriate dollar amount, and limit that gift card to only be used for this purpose. Then using the gift card creates the redemption event.

You can limit the SKUs a gift card can be used for. Unfortunately the missing hook is that you can’t apply that limitation at purchase time. You have to add it in manually after the fact…

https://documentation.vin65.com/Store/Products/Product-Types/Gift-Card/Digital-Gift-Cards#Add-GC