Pickup to ship X

Customer updated credit card but pickup to ship X is still trying to charge the old card.

The old card is deleted and the new card is the only card on file, and is set to Primary.

I’ve tried removing the order from pickup to ship X and re-doing it. No avail.

How can I get it to charge the new card?

My winery has had problems flipping club orders to ship because the inventory count reflects zero in the new shipping charge order. There is no reason for inventory to be reduced when only a shipping charge is being applied. This means unfortunately, transactions have been completed in POS to bill for shipping. Another method is to manually adjust inventory count. A guess, made by an employee in-house, for this error is the flip is being done with a duplicate copy of the initial order (behind the scenes in algorithms) to add the shipping charge which is why inventory needs an adjustment and your transaction wants to be done with the initial order’s credit card. The work around, temporarily, is to use POS for shipping until this is reviewed by Wine Direct or someone else has a better understanding about what is happening.

I’m not sure how the POS enters into this, I never do ship orders on POS. Any other method I can think of to ship a club pickup order, short of canceling and redoing (which members hate), messes up inventory somehow.

Also when I do a regular duplicate order it seems to find the new credit card okay.

What should be troubling to WineDirect is that credit card tokens are hanging out even after a customer has told us specifically not to use that credit card any more, and that card has been deleted. This seems bad for several reasons. @carisenr?

1 Like

@ElJefe The Flip To Ship X functionality is to perform a Duplicate of the original pickup order. So if the credit card has changed, we would expect it to still use the original pickup credit card. We don’t reference Card on File or Primary Cards since the original order wasn’t paid using these cards. We wouldn’t be able to assume the card to be used is the Primary Card on File since customers often have multiple cards.

There isn’t a way to restrict a specific credit card number or delete it fully from the system, even if the customer tells you it’s deleted.

We will continue to attempt payment on any credit card number that’s entered (assuming it passes Mod 10 and isn’t expired). If you go back to some really old orders, the credit card info will still be there and if you select Duplicate Order, you can still try to use that card and our system will attempt a payment, even though most of these old cards would have been cancelled or deleted.

I understand all that about old orders. If I do a Duplicate I have the ability to change the card. For some reason that ability is lacking in Pickup to Ship X.

OK, so here are two other cases where the function as described falls down:

1. I process the pickup order in January and in February the customer requests I ship it. However, the card expired in January.

2. I process the pickup order and the customer requests I not use the same card - they have their own budget issues - and they give me a different number.

In my case the order in question is from last November and I probably can’t even cancel and redo the original order. And this is anathema anyway since it can take many days for the customer to receive the credit.

I’m instead forced to go through a multi-step process of charging separately for shipping and manually building the order in fulfillment and fixing the inventory. Fun.

@ElJefe For sure - these are certainly valid scenarios Flip to Ship may not handle well. I’ll submit this feedback to the Product team as a feature request for you.

The general use case for Flip to Ship is to process multiple pickup to ship requests all at once using batch processing, usually processed a week or two after the Club Shipment. The most common scenario for this would be to use the same card on the original order. Unfortunately, at this time, the scenarios you mentioned would require a workaround outside of the Flip to Ship tool.

Current account info is also not referenced! So, if you process your pick-up order 12/1, your customer moves and Notifies their favorite winery of the change 1/10, but when you flip to ship X on 3/5 the old address from the original order is used and the wine goes to the wrong place.
This is a feature AMS had years ago…

1 Like