POS randomly adding items

So we had a pretty busy weekend here and I hoped on the POS for a “special” transaction - and the strangest thing happened - I went to add one of our products - that got added correctly. The customer wanted a second one, I tapped the icon again and the POS loaded 36 bottles of a different product entirely.

So I cleared the order and looked up the customer I had added earlier - when I pulled them up the POS pulled up the same 36 bottles of wine that no one talked about, added, or anything else. I tried to clear the cart, but no. The POS was displeased and added more of the same product.

I quit the app and re-tried and had great success. I normally would have passed this off as a one time fluke, but it happened to me 5 other times that day - my staff informed me that this is a weekly thing. Has anyone seen this beside me? @ElJefe , @Karson?

Hey Jay,

This is unique to say the least, we’ve had reports of this in the past, but have not confirmed the source of it.
(Because it’s so random)

A few questions:

• Were you running transactions throughout the day, or was this the first for the day / login session?
  • Any promos / coupons / SKUs that have 36 or 12 bottle minimums?
  • Have you encountered this since?
  1. These were in the middle of the day - though it may have been my first for the login session - but now that I think more on it it was probably not as I walked up to a loved in iPad… So not 100% sure - but I am going to say no - not first thing from a login or a session.

2. We do have promos/coupons that have 12 bottle minimums, but they were not applicable to this order. In fact the first thing I did I think was pull up the customer, and add one bottle - that populated the 36 of the other product.

3. I was talking with other staff and they said that it has happened on occasion - but as you suggested - pretty random.

In the past some we’ve had a few issues be something like

1. Click Search
  2. Click a specific area of the screen.
  3. Click x,y,z in an order.
  4. Bug.

I’m assuming this is a similar bug in the sense that some order of steps causes this more times than others.
As well, I’ll continue to review with our IT team to make sure it’s not server related.

Thanks for the info! This helps.

That fits the pattern I think…

We have a similar issue. It’s usually on busy Saturdays. You tap on one product and the POS will add a different product. When we reload the POS the problem usually goes away. Alternately you can log out of Vin 65, close the app and log back in.

1 Like