Recurring User Choices

Hello,

Not all my members have logged in to make their user choice selections for the next shipment. Is there any way to transfer the selections from the previous season so that a sale is processed and I don’t end up with a big list of people to chase up?

We’re transitioning from a different system where if you didn’t log in and change your order, you received a recurring order so I just need to get my members used to this new way of doing things.

Alternatively, do you have to create a new season for each shipment, or can you have an on-going on that doesn’t need to be managed by the member?

Thanks!

I would recommend creating just one season for the user choice club and using it over and over again. The selections your member makes will stick to that season even after it is processed. This way, your members who don’t make changes to their shipment will just receive whatever they selected last shipment.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

We set up a default shipment and give the members a certain date to review and modify. The qualification date is the last date all club members need to be in the system for their changes to apply. We set this up in Store/Club Processing/Add a Club Shipment (left)…it’s pretty involved and not user friendly or intuitive. If the users don’t login and go to their account and modify in CLUB LIST, they will sign up for another club…then you have that to clean up. You can email me at roywieser@mindspring.com and trade phone numbers if you like.

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

I have a default order for each season, which is clearly communicated. If they don’t log in by a certain date and make their selections then we process the default order for them. If there are certain members who just want the same thing each time, different from the default order, then I have a note in their account to that effect so I can refer to it each time and adjust as necessary.

In a previous stream about user choice clubs I noted that I’ve noticed people love the idea of getting to make their own selections but, in practice, many people will find themselves too busy when the time comes and happily opt for the simple default.

Having managed a few clubs from the ground up I avoid at all costs systems that will cause me to have to chase down members each release. It’s not scaleable in a sane way, and I tell myself that if it’s stressful for me then it’s stressful for the member too. That being said, if they are one of my biggest buyers then I’ll happily call them each release and discuss their individual selections . . . It just has to be worth the return.

3 Likes

My setup is like the one @lauren is describing and I cosign everything she said. Try not to do anything for one member that you couldn’t/wouldn’t do for all of them. There will still always be special cases no matter what you do, so try to keep from making too many promises you don’t want to keep before it gets out of control.

1 Like

Just be careful and double and spot check your orders. I had a weirdness on this last package where I made a mistake in the default selection in the season. I corrected it but the mistake still showed up in a couple orders.

1 Like