Tip Line on Paper Receipt

How do I create a receipt for the customer with the tip line AFTER the Credit Card is run?
How would we do it so that it would look like a restaurant receipt…
I am not using Ipads for the customers.

You can do this by generating a receipt before you hit Charge. There will be a tip line on the receipt and you can pass on this receipt to the customer to fill out. Once they determine the amount, you will want to use a Tips SKU to create the charge. Here is a video illustrating what should be done: http://recordit.co/Rwcxrj0PNW

Keep in mind that you will need to create a SKU first called Tips.

Hope this helps!

This is a cool work-around, but how do you do this before you swipe the card for final capture? Usually, the Vin65 platform makes you swipe and the deal is done.

We want to get the card, swipe, generate a ticket and let the customer write in the tip and then we go and close the deal.

As it is now, once you swipe the card - the deal is done and closed.

I’m all ears over here - our staff is not happy without the tipline on the ipad - - - - - - -

With this method, we are placing one charge that includes the tips. The tips is just another SKU and will be treated by the system as such. I can’t think of a workaround to charge twice as you describe on a desktop POS, unfortunately.

Other desktop POS systems I have implemented have the ability to add tips to a transaction. Here’s an example:

Server swipes CC - generate ticket

customer writes in tip, signs the ticket and leaves

Server then goes to a machine clicks a ‘Tips’ button. Enters the order # and enters a tip amount to be added to the transaction.

1 Like

Good news! We actually introduced Tips on Desktop POS about a month ago. So you no longer need to workaround using a SKU. The tip option will show up if Tips is turned on in your POS Profile. It will pop-up after you hit charge on your credit card (manually entered or swiped)

Doesn’t that option only allow the customer to apply the tip on the screen? As if you were using a mobile device like an Ipad. It Still doesn’t print out the standard receipt with tip line after the credit card swipe.

It can make for an awkward conversation if the employee has to ask if the customer would like to tip.

This is EXACTLY our problem. Best I can guess is that the Vin65 platform cannot process a deal, and allow you to add the tip PRIOR to the ‘batch’ process for the night.

We moved to USAePay - and i know this can be done on their portable terminals. If it can be done on terminals and other POS platforms, why can’t we do this with V65?

So - i need to research the PC POS version. But we have run into problems with iPad crashes at the wrong time after the customer leaves - i get to hold NOT only the bag for the tip, bit i have LOST the entire sale when things go sideways. Not funny.