What to do when a customer accidentally unsubscribes

Hi,
We have a certain demographic of our wine club that seems to accidentally ‘unsubscribe’ from our emails, and then is upset when they miss out on events or club processing emails. What is the best way to fix this for them?

Curious, how are they accidentally unsubscribing? Do they just not want to receive certain types of emails or are they accidentally tapping the unsubscribe link?

Thy are an older generation and I think accidentally hitting it.

If you are using WineDirect’s email tools, I believe the default Unsubscribe behavior should take the customers to a landing page that asks them to enter in their email address or confirm they want to unsubscribe. If your members are doing that, they may indeed intend to be unsubscribing or at least want to manage their email preferences.

If yours doesn’t have such a landing page, you may want to create one with some verbiage detailing what will happen if they proceed.

If you’re going by the book, they will have to opt back in to receive emails. Like, you can call them or send a personal email to them and ask if they want back in. Then if you want to re-subscribe them, you can do so in the AdminPanel or through the mailing list widget on your website. Then they can double opt-in.

1 Like

@rebecca1 People can opt back in within their accounts if you can get them to log in through your website.

These are all an older generation which struggles with email. Is there an instruction sheet we could print off to tell them how to do it?

I’d walk through it myself, type up each step, and send it to them. There aren’t many steps, but I get it. Or, if it comes up in person on the tasting room then I’d walk them through it then and there on an ipad.

1 Like

Just curious how everyone else’s works, but we use the WineDirect email tool. When a person “opts out” it it does not take them to a window to “confirm” this, but rather is opts the person out and gives them a screen confirming this.

I did this with my own email, and I thought that it would take me to a screen to modify my contact or email choices. Instead it just directly opted me out.

BJB