Wine club confirmation email

What is the difference between the “system email - Club Sign up Confirmation” and the “action email - Welcome to the Club”? Does it make a difference which one is used? I saw a check box in the club contact section to receive the email, but wondering what is best practice - system or action.

Thanks for submitting this question as a ticket as well. I want to post my response on here in case other forum users are interested in the answer.

The Club Confirmation Email is triggered as soon as someone signs up for a club. It has information about their Billing Address, Credit Card to charge, etc. It is designed to be more of a transactional email, sort of like a receipt for signing up.

The Action Email can be set to send days after the Club Sign Up. You should put more marketing information, such as upcoming Club Events and Membership Benefits.

They both can be turned on and will serve different purpose. Keep in mind that you are allowed to turn off the Action Email if you don’t want it but the Club Confirmation system email cannot be turned off. It needs to be there for someone to successfully sign up to a Club.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification - very helpful. And one more question…Does the system email go out automatically with sign up, or does the box “send club confirmation email” under the Contacts/Manage Club Membership box need to be activated with each member through the admin panel??

I’ll tell what I know from observation. New signups from the web get the confirmation email. New signups on the admin panel have the box auto checked when you go in to set up the club (you have to uncheck it to not send). When you go in to edit a club the box is unchecked but you can check it to resend - nice when an email has been entered incorrectly. I don’t know what happens from entering clubs from the POS because I don’t use that but you could try it and see.